- CSS 3
- React + Flux + Relay
- ReactART (canvas & SVG)
- Salesforce Aura / Lightning
- NodeJS / ExpressJS
- D3.js (data viz)
- Jest / Jasmine (unit testing)
- Debian / Ubuntu
- RHEL / CentOS
- Apr 2016 - present
Coliseum College Prep Academy (Oakland Unified School District)
Director, Computer Science
- Lead the development of a new high school Computer Science pathway (California Career & Techical Education).
- Vetted and developed Computer Science curriculum for grades 8 - 12.
- Taught Exploring Computer Science, AP Computer Science Principles, and AP Computer Science to 9th, 10th, and 11th grade respectively.
- Built and coached the Pioneers in Engineering robotics team for grades 10 - 12.
- Designed and implemented Android programming senior capstone project; groups of students envisioned and created apps with Social Justice themes.
Available on Google Play Store.
- Served as one of 300 CollegeBoard AP Readers for the AP Computer Science A exam in 2019.
- Attended SIGCSE (Special Interest Group in CS Education) annual conference 2017 - 2020.
- Jan 2019 - present
Laney College (Peralta Community College District)
Instructor, Computer Information Systems
- Taught UC/CSU transferrable Computer Science courses: Assembly Language and Computer Organization, Java Programming.
- Developed curriculum for new Android certification program offered by Laney College.
- Revised course descriptions to reflect in-demands skills and trends in industry.
- Sept 2015 - Mar 2016
- Joined team in order to help the ads for Instagram initiative achieve its crucial Q4 goals.
- Built compatibility for the Page Post Engagement ad objective into the PowerEditor and Ads Manager interfaces; enabling substantial growth of Instagram revenue.
- Collaborated closely with Facebook ads interface and API teams to extend compatibility to Instagram customers.
- Analyzed key performance metrics during feature rollout to make data-driven decisions regarding customer pain points.
- Integrated with Facebook survey infrastructure to poll advertisers who were struggling with our interfaces.
- Mentored 2 new colleagues through the 8 week Facebook bootcamp program.
- Oct 2014 - Sept 2015
Facebook Ad Insights
- Designed and built a React-powered data visualization framework using ReactART.
- Implemented data visualizations in the Facebook Ads Manager product (React + Flux).
- Managed and mentored a summer intern who contributed significant features to our data visualization framework.
- Evangelized our new data visualization platform to partner teams across Facebook; successfully onboarding over a dozen teams.
- Contributed to highly successful Facebook product: Celebrate Pride | 72 Hours to Launch Celebrate Pride
- Jan 2013 - Sept 2014
Salesforce.com Platform (Aura / Lightning Framework)
- Chosen to work on Salesforce1 performance SWAT team, under direct guidance by the CTO.
- Contributed responsive components targeted for desktop and mobile devices.
- Owned list view, grid view, and lookup user interface modules.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Computer Science, M.S. - In Progress
University of California, San Diego
Computer Science, B.S. - Class of 2012